Gabe Paulson has been an active community volunteer for 20 years and joined the Larkspur City Council in 2019. He had been working in Marin since 1999 and became a Larkspur homeowner in 2010 where he lives with his wife and son. He joins the City Council planning to engage and give voice to citizen and business concerns, improve fire, flood and earthquake readiness, expand high quality services by collaborating with other agencies and maintain fiscal and operational excellence.
Gabe is the founder and owner of a custom software business which has employed over 30 people and delivered over 200,000 hours of software consulting services. His teams have served the US Coast Guard since 2001 and Marin/Bay Area businesses since 1996. He originally studied to be a research professor at Princeton (BA physics) and UC Berkeley (MA physics) and taught at both UC Berkeley and Mills College in Oakland.
In his spare time, Gabe is an avid traveler, guitarist and reader. After visiting 49 countries, he still feels some of his best adventures have been in Marin, for example running the Dipsea Race (five times), cycling the Marin Metric Century, camping and kayaking throughout the county.
- Central Marin Police Authority - Alternate
- Chamber of Commerce - Alternate
- Larkspur-Corte Madera School District Liaison - Alternate
- Library Board Liaison - Alternate
- Twin Cities Disaster Preparedness Committee - Representative
- Mobilehome Park Ad-Hoc Committee - Representative
- Safe Routes to Schools Work Group - Alternate
- Marin Clean Energy – Alternate