Housing Element Update
Sign Up Here for Email Notice List
Latest Draft of the Housing Element
Map of Proposed Housing Element Inventory Sites (November 21, 2023 draft)
Sites Inventory Spreadsheet (Excel spreadsheet required by State Department of Housing and Community Development, dated November 21, 2023)
Questions or Comments?
Email email@example.com or call 415-927-6713
Background on the 2023-2031 Housing Element
- May 1, 2023: The City received HCD’s findings/comment letter on the City's Preliminary Housing Element Draft. HCD Review of Larkspur Draft Housing Element (May 1, 2023)
- April 14, 2023: A revised Preliminary Housing Element Draft was published for the public to review for a 7 day review period. These revisions were based on a midpoint review with HCD during the 90-day review period.
- January 31, 2023: The City of Larkspur Preliminary Housing Element Draft was submitted to HCD for a 90-day review.
What is a Housing Element?
The Housing Element is a section of the City’s General Plan. The Housing Element is a state-mandated policy document updated every eight years that identifies where and how Larkspur will accommodate existing and projected future housing needs for people of all income groups.
- Learn more about the basics of the Housing Element or dive deep into the details
- Review our Frequently Asked Questions about the Housing Element Update process
- Fill out our Property Owner Interest Form if you’d like to explore the possibility of adding new housing units on your property
- Email comments and questions to staff
- Information on Housing Steering Committee Meetings