Applications are now being accepted for the position of Neighborhood Response Group Coordinator (a part-time, hourly position). The application filing period will close on Monday, March 5th at 12:00pm. Please read below or see attached job announcement for more information and application instructions.
NEIGHBORHOOD RESPONSE GROUP COORDINATOR
The Coordinator’s primary role is to establish Neighborhood Response Groups (NRGs) in all residential areas of Corte Madera and Larkspur. The Coordinator takes direction from the Twin Cities Disaster Preparedness Committee (TCDPC) and works closely with its NRG Oversight Sub-Committee. (Sub-Committee)
Duties, with the close advice and support of the Sub-Committee:
* Work to establish NRGs in all residential areas not yet so organized. This includes condominiums and
- Find and engage neighborhood leaders to start the program.
- Organize and run the initial all-resident meeting.
- Work with the Steering Committee to fill volunteer roles
- Orient Block Captains and Incident Command members.
* Maintain frequent contact with established NRGs and support them by all available means.
* Coordinate semi-annual drills.
* Coordinate semi-annual All-Steering Committee meetings.
* Liaise with the Central Marin Fire Department.
* Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
* Detail orientated and able to manage multiple tasks and projects.
* Skilled in public speaking, meeting facilitation, and making presentations.
* Strong planning skills.
* Able to work independently under general supervision against clearly defined goals.
* Competent in Word and PowerPoint.
The ideal candidate will:
* Be a responsible individual with experience working with one or more community groups.
* Have worked within an existing NRG
* Show evidence of successful work within diverse groups
* Be a resident of Larkspur or Corte Madera
* The position reports administratively to the Corte Madera Town Manager.
* This is a non-benefitted, private contract position – Hourly rate up to $25/hour and expenses will be submitted monthly for reimbursement.
* Hours are anticipated to be between 10-15 hours per week.
* In accordance with the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if special accommodations are
necessary at any stage of the selection process, notification of such accommodations must be made to
the Town of Corte Madera at the time the employment application is filed. Medical documentation must be
provided upon request.
* Qualified applicants receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
ancestry, age, marital status, or disability.
Applications and information may be obtained from the Corte Madera Town Website
Application packets may be mailed to:
Town of Corte Madera
300 Tamalpais Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925
Or sent via email to: Town Clerk Rebecca Vaughn, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by Noon on March 5, 2018
Job Opportunities | Corte Madera, CA - Official WebsiteApplications are currently being accepted for the following positionsTOWNOFCORTEMADERA.ORG
Edited 7m ago · Posted Feb 8, 2018 · Subscribers of Town of Corte Madera in General