Permits & Fees
Beginning July 1, 2017 a flat fee will be collected for most Encroachment Permit Applications.
- Debris Box/ Containers/ Landscape $160
- Curb, Gutter, Sidewalk, Driveway Approach $325
- Traffic Control Only (One-Day) $342
- Utility Service Lateral $381
- Utility Structure Inspection; Pole/ Equip. Replacement $419
- All Other Encroachment Services Deposit; TBD
Moratorium Street List
The list identifies streets that have been recently paved. Per the City of Larkspur's municipal code §15.32.070, no excavation or pavement cutting shall be permitted on newly paved roads for a period of five years.
Grading & Hauling Permits
Application fee - $73.85
- 0 to 50 cubic yards moved - $23.50
- 51 to 100 cubic yards moved - $37
- 101 to 1,000 cubic yards moved - $37 for the first 100 cubic yards plus $17.50 for each additional cubic yard
- 1,001 to 10,000 cubic yards moved - $194.50 for the first 1,000 cubic yards plus $14.50 for each additional 1,000 cubic yards
- 10,000 or more cubic yards - contact Public Works Department for information
Block Party/Street Closure Permit Application
- A downtown event application is required if the closure is being requested for Magnolia Avenue. The link to that form can be found here.
Barricade Loan Program
As a courtesy, the Larkspur Public Works Dept. will loan up to 5 barricades to individual citizens and non-profit groups on a temporary basis. This program does not apply to commercial or for-profit groups.