Elections/Fair Political Practices Commission
November 8, 2022, General Municipal Election
The next regularly scheduled election is November 8, 2022, for the election of three city councilmember seats. Please contact the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 415-927-5002 with any questions.
- Nomination Period: July 18, 2022 - August 12, 2022
- Extended Nomination Period Ends (if one or more incumbent does not file): August 17, 2022
- Deadline to File Primary Measure Arguments: August 22, 2022
- Deadline to File Rebuttals to Arguments: August 29, 2022
- Election Day: November 8, 2022
- View the Election Calendar
Notices and Resolutions
- Resolution 37/22 Calling for the November 8, 2022, Election and Requesting Consolidation with the County
- Notice of Election
- Resolution 57/22 Calling for the November 8, 2022 Election to Consider an Ordinance Imposing a One Quarter of One Percent Transactions and Use ("Sales") Tax Until Ended by the Voters
- Ordinance 1059 Imposing a One-Quarter Cent Disaster Preparedness and Essential Services Transactions and Use Tax
Nomination Papers Issued / Filed:
- Kevin Haroff: Issued 7/18/2022 / Filed 8/8/2022
- Dan Hillmer: Issued 7/18/2022
- Catherine Way: Issued 7/26/2022 / Filed 8/9/2022
- Jay Holland: Issued 8/4/2022 / Filed 8/11/2022
- Kevin Carroll: Issued 8/10/2022 / Filed 8/12/2022
Campaign Disclosure Requirements and Filings
California campaign finance disclosure law requires local elected officeholders, candidates for local elected offices, and committees in support or opposed to local candidates to file their campaign disclosure reports with the City Clerk at specified intervals.
Beginning January 1, 2021, AB2151 requires campaign statements and reports to be posted online within 72 hours of each applicable filing deadline. If the final day of the 72-hour period is a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, the period is extended to the next day that is not a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday.
General Election Links
- California Elections Code
- California Fair Political Practices Commission
- Marin County Elections Department
- Marin County Voter Information Portal
- Federal Election Commission
- Federal Voting Assistance Program
- League of Women Voters
- Secretary of State
- Vote By Mail
- Voter Registration
Statements of Economic Interest
The elected officials identified in Government Code Section 87200 who file statements of economic interest with the City of Larkspur City Clerk are the five members of the City Council. Copies of these statements may be obtained by visiting the office of the Fair Political Practices Commission, 1102 Q Street, Suite 3000, Sacramento, CA 95811, or the office of the City Clerk at 400 Magnolia Avenue, Larkspur, CA 94939.
Statements of economic interest for some state and local government agency officers may be available in an electronic format at the Commission's Internet Web site.
Policy for Tickets and Passes
The Form 802 is used by state and local government agencies to disclose detailed information about the distribution of tickets and passes, including the identity of persons who receive the tickets and passes and the public purpose of each ticket distribution. The Form 802 is also used to disclose information about ceremonial role events.