Housing Element Update
Sites Inventory Spreadsheet (Excel spreadsheet required by State Department of Housing and Community Development, dated November 21, 2023)
Please submit any comments to email@example.com or contact us by mail or phone (contact below).
Background on the 2023-2031 Housing Element
- May 1, 2023: The City received HCD’s findings/comment letter on the City's Preliminary Housing Element Draft. HCD Review of Larkspur Draft Housing Element (May 1, 2023)
- April 14, 2023: A revised Preliminary Housing Element Draft was published for the public to review for a seven (7) day review period. These revisions were based on a midpoint review with HCD during the 90-day review period.
- January 31, 2023: The City of Larkspur Preliminary Housing Element Draft was submitted to HCD for a 90-day review.
- November 14, 2023: A Public Review Draftwas made available to the public for a 30-day review period.
What is a Housing Element?
The Housing Element is a section of the City’s General Plan. The Housing Element is a state-mandated policy document updated every eight years that identifies where and how Larkspur will accommodate existing and projected future housing needs for people of all income groups.
- Learn more about the basics of the Housing Element or dive deep into the details
- Review our Frequently Asked Questions about the Housing Element Update process
- Fill out our Property Owner Interest Form if you’d like to explore the possibility of adding new housing units on your property
- Email comments and questions to staff
- Information on Housing Steering Committee Meetings