Prevention, Education & Preparedness
Twin Cities Disaster Preparedness Committee
Larkspur Council Member Catherine Way, Co-Chair
Department Representative: Captain Tom Timmer
Meetings held at: CENTRAL MARIN POLICE AUTHORITY BUILDING
250 Doherty Drive Larkspur, CA 94939 Map
Date and Time of Meetings: SECOND Thursday of each month starting at 9:00 A.M.
Agendas can be viewed at: /DocumentCenter/View/4907
Fire Safety Tips
- Cool a burn under cool tap water for 20 minutes. This will help take away the pain and aid healing.
- Crawl low under smoke. If there is smoke in your house, stay low. Smoke rises and breathable air remains at floor level.
- Have a safe meeting area outside your home. Everyone in the family should know where it is and meet there if you have to evacuate your home.
- Never play with matches. Children: Always give matches to an adult.
- Practice exit drills in your home. Have fire drills in your house so everyone in the family knows what to do in an emergency. Know at least two ways out of the house.
- Stop, drop, and roll. If your clothes catch on fire stop where you are. Cover your face with your hands and drop to the ground. Roll on the ground to smother the fire.
- Test your smoke detectors. Test them every month by pressing the test button and waiting a few seconds for the alarm to sound. Change the battery in the smoke detector every time you adjust your clocks for daylight savings time.
Fire Prevention & Education
- Community Emergency Response Training (CERT)
- CPR Classes
- Disaster Preparedness
- Get Ready
- Residential Smoke Detectors
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Schools Education
- Wildland Interface
- Larkspur Fire Strategic Assessment
- BBQ Requirements in Multi-family units
Community based service is important to everyone at the Larkspur Fire Department. We are available to help families or groups with their specific safety concerns. For questions or more information, please contact us at (415) 927-5077.